Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Mommy "Style":


Don't look too closely, my shirt has black paint and a mysterious red stain on it.  I need to remember to take the picture right after I get dressed so there aren't any stains on my clothes.

Accomplishment: Washed, dried, folded, and put away a load of laundry all on the same day!  The clothes were even still hot.

High/Low:  High: Getting the kids to make a birthday card.  Low:  Getting out of bed, it was so comfortable and I haven't been able to sleep recently so it was pretty painful getting out.  And honestly, today was one of those days were nothing was spectacularly wonderful or spectacularly awful.  Today was an average run of the mill day.  

Activities: Painted a card for a birthday party tomorrow.  Planted some more carrots and a lettuce blend.  Today was another boring day at home.  We didn't go anywhere or do anything fun.  There really wasn't a reason to change out of our pajamas other than one shouldn't wear pajamas all weekend.  

Menu: Breakfast: bagel and the kids had an all fruit popsicle.  Lunch: meat and cheese roll ups with peaches and chips.  Dinner: mini chicken potpie except I substituted almost the entire thing with other things: zucchini for broccoli, puff pastry for pie crust.  And while I was making it, I could see the allure of food/recipe blogging.  One can really take and make the different recipes fun.  I'm not that creative when it comes to cooking and being able to come up with recipes seems to me to be super creative.  But I think that almost made a new recipe!  If I make this again, I'll do the photo spread and do the whole write up.




No comments:

Post a Comment