Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 12

Mommy Style: 

I think I need to rethink the size of these t-shirts.  They are really big and baggy and do nothing for me.  Well, that was one of the goals of this blog was to really look at what I wear and try to make it better.


Accomplishment: First day of Annual Training DONE!!!  My husband, Matt, is in the National Guard and the next two weeks are his annual training.  This is the first year I've had all three so I've been a little apprehensive about it.

High/Low:  High: We had a really good afternoon.  The kids were really well-behaved and there was minimal screen time.

Activities:  SCIENCE!!!  I saw this rocket experiment I knew one day I would have to have the boys do it.  This summer Oliver and Phillip have been really into rockets and space. Although we have two model rockets, I'm doubt those rockets are air-worthy.

Here we are setting it up: 


It took us several attempts to get it to fly or as Oliver says "Zoom down the rope!".  I added in parts of the Scientific method asking him what he thought might happen. And then we tried to blow up the balloon different amounts to see what would happen.  And then lastly Oliver raced the balloon to see who would get there faster.  It was 50/50.  

Second science/exploration was to put straws into the salad spinner. This was for the baby since balloon rockets aren't something he found interesting. The older two liked helping set up the straw thing. I saw something similar on Pinterest, but I can't seem to find the real link.  I wish was this creative.

More brother help
Helping put it together


Exploring is tasty!
And fun!



Menu: Breakfast: cheese and fruit. Lunch: Oliver and I had leftovers, Phillip had a peanut butter sandwich.  Dinner: Pasta, Sausage, and Broccoli.  We eat a lot of broccoli.  


No comments:

Post a Comment