Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fall(ish) Weather

Today has a hint of fall weather in the air.  It's cool and the humidity is rather low.  It is AWESOME!  Fall is my favorite time of the year.

Mommy "Style":   Tuesday I wore a repeated outfit of jean shorts and a t-shirt.  Once this season is over, I'll have to retire that pair of shorts.  They're finally starting to show their age.  It makes me sad because I love those shorts.  Sigh.

Today:


I'm sure I'll be wearing this into the fall.  And probably winter with a sweater.


Accomplishment: Yesterday, Matt and I went over our budget.  It's still a work in progress, but I think he's on board to watch our spending.  Today, I went to the mall and only bought ONE thing: shoes.

High/Low: High:  We've had a lot of luck with Phillip's potty training.  I think that we're mostly there at least at home.  Low: Last night, Baby Fred was very cranky and didn't want to sleep.  I had to leave him in his crib for a little bit because he wouldn't settle which only made him more hysterical. I really hope this tooth pops through soon so it will stop bugging him (and me!).

Activities: Out of the house: yesterday: grocery store.  Today: the mall: shoe store, lunch, carousel, and soft play space.  Fun stuff at home: Yesterday: I've been experimenting with homemade laundry detergent. I'm not sold on the idea: it doesn't work particularly well on children's stains or workout funk. I thought maybe I should add in some more soap to the mix of baking soda, borax, and washing soda so I used the blender to cut up the soap.  And then instead of running the blender through the washing machine I just added water to the soap residue.  It made the best foam and the kids and I played with it.  Here are the younger two enjoying sensory experience.




Phillip is blowing into the container to see what happens.

Today we've been running outside to fight the monsters as Transformers.  


Menu: Yesterday: oatmeal, hot dogs, and then beef stroganoff.  Today: oatmeal. gyro, and pancakes with fruit for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment