Monday, September 2, 2013

A Very Busy weekend

Mommy "style":   Saturday I wore khaki shorts and two different shirts.  In the morning, I wore the blue striped one and in the afternoon I wore the mint one.  On Sunday, I wore jean shorts with a grey t-shirt.   I also wore my hair down for the time in a really long time.

Accomplishment:  I finally got the downstairs vacuumed.  I might have also worked on the kitchen getting it a lot better.  I also managed to get laundry started and the kids clothes put away!

High/Low: Seeing friends from Seattle.  That was nice.  Low: Complete and utter sensory overload for myself.  The kids also had a bit too much on Saturday.  

Activities: I guess I'll finally out myself on where I live, but Atlanta has an awesome Sci-fi/Fantasy convention every year called Dragon Con and there is a parade of all of the different participants dressed in different costumes.  I thought since Oliver loves Spider Man and all things comic related, that he'd like the parade.  Not so much.  The parade route was very crowded and it very hard to see anything or even to move.  I guess we got there too late but I got very over stimulated from the crowd of people and the noise and the heat.  Fred also hated it.  He was stuck in the Ergo and was very hot and miserable which didn't help me either.  It is very hard to listen to the kids cry and not really be able to doing anything about it.  Oliver didn't really care about the parade, but Phil had a great time.  He loved seeing all of the super heroes.  
Super Heroes!


On the way home


After the parade, we met up with some friends who were in town for the con.  It was good to see them.  We ate lunch in a ridiculously over crowded food court and then came back home.  Right in time for the second activity of the day: a birthday party for one of Oliver's classmates.  It was at the firehouse.  And I think Oliver had a decent time looking at the stuff.



Sunday in comparison was much quieter.  I went for a 2.5 mile run.  I had hoped it was closer to 5k but it wasn't.  That was a little disappointing, but not really.  I should have mapped it out before hand.  We then ate lunch at a new place.  It was pretty good.  And then went to the park to run off some energy.  We didn't stay super long because it was very humid and I got over hot.  Came home and did stuff.  Oliver was bundle of energy.  It was amazing (and tiring).

Menu: Saturday: eggs, Chick-fil-a, and pizza for dinner.  It was not one of the healthier days we've had recently.  Sunday: fruit and crackers, a different sort of Philly cheese steak, brats on the grill with broccoli and rice for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment