Saturday, October 19, 2013

Poor, poor neglected blog

 So, uhhh. It's been over a week.  I've been busy.  Or not really, but I've been anxious which tends to manifest as me not being able to do shit either around the house or when I have things that actually need to be done.

At any rate, I haven't updated regularly and I'm not all that good about taking pictures right now of my clothes and most of them are on my phone anyways.

Mommy "Style":  Shorts and t-shirts, and jeans and t-shirts.  I wear the crap out of Target $5 t-shirts and then feel guilty when I throw them out stained and stretched out at the end of the season.

I'll come back an update with pictures, (hopefully).

Accomplishments: Nothing huge.  I have done some outside decorating for Halloween.  Oliver is super into the holiday this year, so it seemed like a good idea to dress up.

High/Low: Low: Matt interviewed for a job out in Seattle.  We're still waiting to hear back about the job.  He really wants it.  I really want him to get the job.  It would be a good career move, we think.  And with a company that is doing interesting things in Matt's field.  He has ANOTHER telephone interview after already having an in-face interview in California.  We been waiting to hear back so it's making him anxious, I'm anxious because he is AND I really like the idea of moving. At the same time, I love living near my family and having my kids grow up knowing their grandparents in a way that I never did.  And while there are flights between Atlanta and Seattle, the flights are expensive, long, and expensive.  So while we'd visit, it wouldn't be the same as even moving to New York or even Denver.  So, it's been somewhat nerve racking.  High: the kids are playing very nicely, mostly.

Activities: I got my drivers licence renewed. I had to wait about 2 hrs.  And while that is a long to wait, I guess it could have been longer.  Except, 2 hrs when you have a young child is very long and the restless energy in the place makes even 10 min seem like an hour.   Last weekend was spent killing time.  We thought we would hear back about the job on Monday, so we were waiting for Monday. Sunday, I went for a 6k run.  And then in the afternoon, because I was SO RESTLESS, I walked up to Starbucks and then to the park with Fred, so that was another 2 miles.  Overall, Sunday I walked/ran a 10k, which is my current fitness goal.  Monday, I picked the kids up from their grandmothers and came home.  Tuesday, there was no school and we stayed at home all day.   Wednesday, school and nothing in the afternoon.  Same for Thursday.  Friday, Fred and I went to the botanical gardens with some friends while the older two were in school.  After school we played on the school playground and came home.

Menu: Weekend: breakfast: nothing.  I know I should eat, but sometimes when the older kids aren't home and Matt wakes up very late, I don't see any point.  Lunch: sandwiches.  Dinner: Saturday yummy mexican, Sunday: General Tso's meatballs.  The meatball part was really good.  The sauce wasn't.  I used a couple of sub, and it didn't turn out right.  I think I'll re-make the meatballs, and use the pan drippings for a gravy, more like Swedish meatballs. During the week: dinners: Monday: bratwurst, Tuesday: chicken with eggplant and zucchini, Wednesday: a horrible lentil pilaf.  I make lentil pilaf once in awhile and usually it turns out pretty good, but this time I over cooked the rice and everything tasted awful.  Dinner fail.  Thursday: meatloaf hamburgers  Friday: tacos.  And one of the few things I don't like about my neighborhood is that I am no longer near grocery stores with ripe avocados at a decent price.  





No comments:

Post a Comment