Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Recipe

Umm..  Yeah.  I have been doing stuff.  And uh... it's been nice?  And the weather is great (mostly) and I've started to meet people.  And the whole homeschooling thing is not my bag and if I ever really thought about doing it with Oliver, this Spring has shown me that I am not the best parent teacher.

At any rate, here is a recipe.

Saucepan Brownies*.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F

Melt butter and chocolate together
Add sugar.  Let cool completely
Add the eggs, vanilla, flour, and nuts.  Mix together until there are no lumps

Pour into a greased pan either (8x8 or 9x9)
Bake for 25-30 min.


*  I am sure that this recipe is already floating around the internet.  However, it is the recipe that my mom got from my grandmother, who probably got it off a box (or something).  And this is the recipe that tastes like home.  Just like I only make the pancake recipe from the Joy of Cooking 1972 edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment